How long did it take to finish the adoption?
2 years, 8 months, 1 week, 5 days

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Day Has Finally Arrived!

Good morning everyone. It's 5:15am here in HCMC. I'm wide awake. Guess I'm pretty much on Vietnam time now. It's still dark outside but that should change pretty shortly. I wish you all could have come with us. What an experience.

At the moment I'm sitting here listening to the traffic outside. I'm convinced the Vietnamese people never sleep. I'm also listening to poor Lilli. All this air pollution and such has aided in making her cough more. :( Please keep her in your prayers. She's annoyed with the cough.

As I sit here I'm realizing that by 10:30am this morning (10:30pm for those of you in PA) Katelin will finally be ours. There are so many things going on in my mind. We've waited 2 years and over 8 months for this precious little child. I can't wait.

We were told that Katelin is at an orphanage run by a church (isn't that awesome!). We were also told that the Priest of the church would like to meet us after we receive Katelin and before we head to our Giving and Receiving Ceremony. We're really looking forward to this.

We leave our hotel at 8:30am and there is a close to 2 hour drive. We're going to get to see a lot more of Vietnam.

We are also planning on heading to China Beach tomorrow.

We will post again tonight with pictures! You are all loved and we appreciate your support. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all and have been thinking about you all constantly.

Lots of love from California,
Aunt Jess