How long did it take to finish the adoption?
2 years, 8 months, 1 week, 5 days

Friday, December 12, 2008

Patience, Pressure & Poopies

(from RF Media Ministry Blog)
As most of you know, the word has finally come, and my family is off to Vietnam to adopt a precious little girl. It has been an incredible journey and it has taught me three things, Patience, Pressure and Poopies.

You know the old saying that you should never pray for patience, because then God will truly test you. Well, neither Kristi or I has prayed for patience the last two and one half years, but God tested us big time, with delays and difficulties even making an adoption happen.

So we waited 2 ½ years to adopt, now you need to leave this Sunday. That is what we heard on Tuesday of this week. 2 ½ years waiting five days to get everything together and get yourself over there for two weeks. Talk about your PRESSURE! The last few days have been a whirlwind. Have you ever tried to cram 20 days work into five days? Well, I guess we’re passing. We’re still standing, and we’re still sane (I think), so on to Vietnam we go.

So God taught me patience and pressure survival. Which brings me to poopies. Lilli can’t wait to be a big sister. She has been talking about it non stop. Telling us what she is going to do to teach her little sister, and play with her little sister. She will even help mommy and daddy change the diapers, except the poopy ones. Those are for daddy. She has even given me a nickname SUPER POOPER MAN. I should be so proud.

I have to wonder, I know you tested my patience for a reason. One of my children will reveal that in the years to come. I know you tested my tolerance for pressure for a reason. I will be challenged many more times in the future. But God, what’s up with this last test? How is this test going to be revealed????

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers. Please continue to pray for traveling mercies, and health for all of us. And I want to thank all of you for your faithfulness in 2008. You have all been tested, and risen to the challenge many times, and for that I am grateful.

I pray that you all have a very Merry Christmas, a very Happy New Year, and we will see you in 2009.(you can check out the process, pictures and updates of our adoption at http://katelinskrossing.blogspot.com/ )

No comments: